The world is moving towards a mobile workforce with users taking advantage of the handheld devices at their disposal. The desk phone is only one of the many options for placing calls and its use is starting to dwindle. It is imperative for RedSky Technologies to develop a mobile solution to keep up with the industry and provide a differentiator between the competitors.
MyE911 Mobile® app ties RedSky E911 Anywhere® and E911 Manager® platforms allowing users to self-report their location. It minimizes the amount of data the user has to enter on their mobile device. Ideally, the user should only select from a list of system suggested locations. It integrates with the current RedSky softphone portfolio of Cisco Jabber and Microsoft Lync. Upon calls with these softphones we will ensure the latest ERL is used for routing.
The app works on both Android and iOS platforms. It is designed to minimize the amount of energy used by the application. This is a particularly important concern on handheld devices - poorly written applications can drain batteries very quickly leading to user dissatisfaction and low adoption rates.
- Identify and track the geographic locations the user frequently visits
- Utilize a configurable algorithm in reliably determining frequented locations
- Minimize the need for the user to manually update their location utilizing only non-obstructive ways when necessary
- Identify location by landmark or civic address
- Validate location using Google Place and SmartyStreets
- Deliver user's current location to 911 call centers upon placing an emergency call
- Support PIDF-LO using both civic and geodetic location indicators
- RPM based installation
- Redhat Enterprise Linux 6.5 64 bit
- PostgreSQL 9.2
- Oracle Java SE 1.8
- Bash Shell
- OpenSSL 1.0.1g
- Oracle GlassFish 3.2
- HTML 5, JQuery 1.11
- Android 4
- iOS 9